Business Development Professional
LSW Engineers Arizona, Inc. is a consulting engineering firm specializing in the design of mechanical, plumbing, electrical and technology systems with a 70+ year history of providing reliable and energy efficient design solutions for various building types, such as educational, medical, institutional, mission critical, aviation, and commercial buildings. We are currently seeking a business development professional for our Phoenix, Arizona office. We offer competitive wages, an employer funded profit sharing plan, 401k plan with employer safe-harbor contributions, an excellent work environment, and the opportunity to expand and improve professional skills. For a full list of benefits and company information, please visit www.lswengineers.com.
Perform as a critical team member in business development by identifying, developing and managing new clients in LSW’s target markets. Responsible for maintaining and expanding new business opportunities for multiple market sectors. The market sectors include corrections, healthcare, government, aviation, education, mission critical and technology. Demonstrate a trustworthy presence through your professionalism, demeanor, and technical knowledge.
- Identify and develop new clients by establishing and maintaining relationships through regular client contacts and visits.
- Proactively build industry connections.
- Continually provide market and customer research to stay in the know of trends and developments.
- Prepare key client strategies for maintenance and growth of services.
- Identify and prioritize new business opportunities, develop capture strategy, assemble pursuit teams and take actions with clients to position for the pursuit.
- Maintain opportunities and sales pipeline with assigned key clients.
- Achieve new and add-on business goals and serve as the client facing team leader.
- Prepare/Coordinate and submit proposals and qualification statements.
- Manage assigned business development resources including supervision of members assigned to proposal teams to meet established objectives.
- Assist in preparation of interview materials, participate in interviews and presentations.
- Coordinate with market sector team members to ensure the team members understand the project opportunity and to collect technical information to assemble materials and identify pursuits goals.
- Monitor weekly and monthly progress as appropriate to ensure client needs are being met from a scope, quality, cost and schedule perspective.
- Regularly contact clients and project managers to assess their satisfaction.
- Maintain and share professional knowledge through education, networking and events.
- Travel as required with use of personal automobile.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Completion of bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred.
- Minimum 10 years relevant work experience.
- Proven leader in client relationship management, strategic planning, strategic teaming and proposal strategy and negotiation.
- Ability to leverage key contacts with private organizations and state and municipal agencies within the region.
- Working knowledge of the AEC Industry.
- Ability to work both in a team role and an independent self-starter.
- Working knowledge of PC software packages typically associated with business development.
- Working knowledge of Excel, OneNote (preferred), Word, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn & grow professionally.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter to Rebecca West at email@example.com. No calls please.